Thursday, January 11, 2018

Week 2: Storyverses


Week 2: Pride, Prejudice and Prologue
Over the last 2 weeks we read and in class discussed the novel by Jane Austen called Pride and Prejudice. Some first thoughts is that the novel itself I find hard to read, so I listened to a audiobook while following along with the novel. Elizabeth is such a interesting character because she's not really high class and she's so caring about her sister and trying to be true to herself rather than caring about being rich and popular. She is such a cool and nice character and you can totally see the character reflect the author and the personality. I think what's the best part of the novel is the
narration. I think it's about people having bad first impressions and why you should really never judge people. Both Elizabeth and Darcy have both faults of being stubborn and misunderstanding each other. Elizabeth's sisters and herself are expected to be married and the plot revolves around trying to marry because there is no one to inherit the house. At the time people didn't marry for love but for money and property. It's why this story translates well to today is that you don't know peoples intentions and their actions being for the good of others rather than their self.

Prologue:

I've taken this class previously last semester and I am learning to become more of a critical thinker and to experience more. Before this I have read and experienced a lot of literature but I'm not an expert. I do enjoy reading in my free time even though I wish I wrote more. When I was younger I always knew I wanted to create compelling stories and characters since it was my main influence into what I wanted to do. As I never was one to make very good grades as far as writing I always loved reading and feeling that connection with either the story or the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment